Friday, July 11, 2008

Random thoughts

I love corn tortillas! I use to think they were not so great or that I could not eat them every day. But here they make them like I´ve never had them before and when they are warm with a little avacado and cheese....mmm! I hadn´t had a tortilla for three days and I found myself craving to eat one on Wednesday.

I have a decent sized spider I named sammy living in my bathroom. He has been there at least a week. He disappears and I think he´s gone, only to show up again sometime later.

On the roads there are pedstrians, bicyclists, buses, cars, pickup trucks, and horses pulling carts.

The buses here are old school buses painted various colors that take people from one city to another.

I play uno almost every day with my host brother.

I taught my host sibling how to suffle and do a bridge - they were shocked I could do it and wanted to learn. They spent about an hour practicing.

I´ve eaten the first thing I don´t like. Thy call it mundungo which is also called cow stomach soup in spain. I ate it to please one of my host grandmother´s. I told my parents afterwards about it and they laughed about it. It has since become a running joke.

Entonces Sherry, entonces, entonces, entonces. I hear this phrase at least three times a day. It basically means so...

2 comments:

ashley elizabeth said...

sheryl i can understand why you don't like mundungo...and that tortilla sounds so delicious! thanks for your random thoughts i love them because we can't get them as often when we are not with you!
love,
ashley

Drew said...

Oh Sherry, I'm shocked you don't like cow stomach soup. Actually not at all, I did my best to avoid it. It's on the same level as the morcilla for me.